AEA Consulting seeks candidates for Research Analyst – talented, culturally engaged problem solvers who can complement our team and support our highly regarded international arts consulting business. Research Analyst is our entry-level consultant position; it is a full-time, salaried position with an attractive package of benefits. We are currently looking for applicants for our Beacon, New York, office.
Candidates must be passionate about arts and culture, curious, creative, nimble, and possess strong analytical skills and judgment that can be applied quickly and confidently across a wide range of complex issues and contexts. We seek outstanding individuals with a special mix of “right brain / left brain” balance, adaptability, and maturity, who thrive in a genuinely fast-paced environment that presents new and intriguing problems to solve on a daily basis. AEA provides training that prepares Research Analysts to develop into Consultants, Senior Consultants, and Principals, or for other leadership roles across the cultural sector.
About AEA Consulting
We are a global consulting firm setting the standard in strategy and planning for the cultural and creative industries, known for our candid and impartial advice that draws on deep knowledge of the cultural sector as well as robust research and analytical insight. Since 1991, we have successfully delivered more than 1,000 assignments, helping clients around the world plan and realize vital and sustainable cultural projects. Our core service offerings include concept development, cultural plans, business plans, feasibility studies, policy development, and strategic plans. AEA is stimulating and demanding. We offer our employees a high level of autonomy, flexibility and a full package of benefits; we have commensurate expectations for performance. More information on AEA can be found at www.aeaconsulting.com.
Research Analyst – Position Description
Research Analysts serve as critical project team members, supporting AEA’s consulting team across three practice areas: 1) research and analysis; 2) project management; and 3) internal knowledge management and systems. Primary responsibilities include:
--Undertaking desk research and literature reviews
- Gathering data and undertaking data analysis, including financial analysis
- Assisting consultants with focus groups, surveys, and interviews
- Working closely with consulting team members to draft proposals, reports and presentations, and ensuring their design and production meets high standards
- Assisting in preparation for key client meetings and attending as appropriate
- Contributing to the firm’s practice development and knowledge management systems
- Undergraduate degree in arts, creative industries, or related field. Second degree or minor in adjacent fields including business/finance, economics, real estate, urban planning, social science preferred...or the other way around. (That is to say, we prefer candidates who demonstrate the ability to combine arts and humanities with something analytical.) A Master’s degree in a relevant field will be seen positively, but is not a requirement.
- Previous work experience or meaningful internships in arts administration, consulting, or related field
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong presentational and technical skills, including fluency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe InDesign or other Creative Suite programs; experience with statistical analysis software such as SPSS and Tableau is a plus
- Exceptional organizational skills; ability to focus, work efficiently, and on multiple tasks in a stimulating, upbeat, yet often high-pressure environment
- Spoken and written fluency in English required; one additional language preferred (particularly Arabic, Chinese, Spanish)
Salary and Benefits
AEA’s compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Position benefits include:
- 3 weeks paid vacation + 12 paid holidays
- Generous medical and dental / vision insurance (75% paid by AEA)
- Friday telecommuting
- Potential for year-end performance bonus
- Professional development budget; training and opportunities for advancement ---Pre-tax transit benefits
- Weekly staff lunch and semi-annual staff celebrations
- Working with a team of affable, passionate intellectuals
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. AEA is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any individual, employee, or application for employment on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, handicap, or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state or local law. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the arts are strongly encouraged to apply.
Article source here:The Arts Journal